8 August 2017

Sluggish sex

They are hermaphrodites, apparently, wrapping extravagantly coloured sexual organs around themselves and exchanging sperm from male bit to male bit, then separating and each laying eggs from female bits... if I have understood that right, which I may well not have; but did they really have to do it on my doorstep? In the act of trying to gently transfer them on a trowel to my riverbank I am afaid I may have spoiled their evening, for they parted... No happy ending? Maybe once I had gone.

5 comments:

Sean Jeating said...

Getting their evening spoiled, they had the blues. Obviously.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Ha! A still from a blue movie? Will I get more visitors now?

Sean Jeating said...

Our friend Jams /Shaun sometimes enjoyed to lure /attract visitors with titles like yours.

Claude said...

I didn't fall for the title. I knew it would be pure science. And I'm never disappointed.

Remembering Jams/Shaun.

CherryPie said...

Exhibitionists!